I’m very honoured to be nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award! This nomination comes from Kip’s Thoughts by Kip Light. Thank you so much, Kip!
So, this is the part where I nominate other bloggers and list 7 random things about me.
And the nominees are (drumroll… opens envelope)
The Rules of Engagement – musings of an adventurous historical fiction author
Threads of Aether – opinions, reviews, and a fantasy novel
powerofonebynancy – Health, love, opinions, running, ideas, musings, personal growth, humour
Perry Wilson – thriller, mystery, fantasy writer
A Warm Cup of Jo – great blog on everything from family life to politics
Paella Thoughts – informative and fun blog about Spain
Sly With Sass – everything from creative writing to fashion
ljclayton – mystery writer with interesting blogs based on real life stories
My Tangerine Days – very enjoyable poetry
retireediary – lots of cool travel photography
Congratulations to all the awesome bloggers!
7 Random Thing about Me
1. Some of my nicknames over the years have been: “Solo”, “Ham”, “the Solomonator” and more recently “the Transporter.”
2. One of the best compliments I ever got was from one of my teachers at UCD: “Who knew that behind this northern Canadian charm lies the steely determination of Margaret Thatcher and Imelda Marcos combined?..”
3. Some jobs I’ve had in the past are: sales associate at Fairweather, freelance journalist, receptionist at the Bargain Finder, business writing and creative writing instructor.
4. My favorite city is Venice because it’s gorgeous and I had an interesting adventure there.
5. I’m completely obsessed with dolphins!
6. My favorite non-alcoholic beverage is tea. (sorry, coffee)
7. I am also certified as an aquatic fitness instructor.